Have you ever wanted to write a novel, but never got around to it?
Have I got news for you, November is National Novel Writing Month also known as NaNoWriMo.
Here is the scoop on NaNoWriMo:• This year will be the 15th annual NaNoWriMo.
• 500,000 writers from around the world are expected to participate this year.
• NaNoWriMo is one big creative writing challenge; your mission if you choose to accept is to write a 50,000 word novel from November 1st – 30th.
I participated in NaNoWriMo, last year it was fun, and inspiring with uplifting pep talks from experienced authors, and every kind of writing forum you could imagine.
Even though I did not reach 50,000 words I realized that if you can make a commitment to write a little each day you would be surprised how much you can accomplish.
Here are a few things to keep in mind
1. To reach 50,000 words in 30 days you would need to write at least 1,667 words a day.
2. Its not about quality, as it is quantity you can edit later just think of it as free writing.
3. Try to plan some time each day to write, find a time that works best for you.
4. NaNoWriMo is for new writers, and veteran writers.
5. The idea is to start writing; it does not have to be perfect you just have to take the first step.
6. To sign up, and learn more about NaNoWriMo go to nanowrimo.org
“In the words of Agatha Christie “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
Is this your first NaNoWriMo? What made you decide to participate? Are you a NaNoWriMo veteran? What was your experience like?
Post a Comment